So, I haven't blogged in a while. We have been busy, just enjoying our family I guess, nothing extrememly exciting has happened.
We did redecorate and paint our main bathroom which is very exciting, I love the face lift...now only 2 rooms left in our house with the cream/beige paint I find so cold...and once I decide on a color for the rooms...the painting saga will continue!
I think the major forming of the cabin is finished, the boys managed to get all the log siding on, and stained as well as build a covered front porch, build bunks, hook up the stove, and build shelving on the inside. It is great! We stayed up there a couple weekends ago and had a great time. Spent the majority of the time just sitting around the fire at night, and enjoying the beauty around us, and each other's company. In the morning we had breakfast, Chris and Dawson worked (played) on the tractor, and we all spent time with the horses. It was a beautiful cool morning, but the cabin remained very cozily warm!
Other than that, it is deer season so the preparations were keeping us busy last weekend, and hunting this weekend. Our party of 5 has harvested 5 deer so far! Chris got a 6-point buck, mid chase after a doe (good job hunny!) I got a doe (most likely the one Chris's deer was chasing) Chris's brother Jason got two large doe about 30 seconds apart, and his other brother Ron got a button buck. So, we have all done fairly well. A few of us may go out again this coming weekend...in hopes to find the big boy, is he still out there??
All in all, our fall has been lovely! Dawson's vocabulary has been growing imensly and it is fun to listen to what he has to say! Last night he was in the garage while we were butchering deer..said "mama...deer has owie!" He also asked what the hide was...I told him the deer's jacket. He looked at Chris and said..."deer, jacket, cold...brrr" we got the idea! When we took the deer down from hanging he said "deer when nigh night, he tired!" Too funny! My future hunting boy!! It is in his blood! When you ask him what the buck says, he replies..."BANG!!"
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your story of Dawson and deer reminded me of my brother Cody. When he was about 2 or 3 he was watching Bambi and my parents were wondering how he would react to Bambi's mom getting shot and instead of crying he yelled, "Get Bambi, Get Bambi too!" haha so yeah, he was a hunter at a young age as well.
So Funny Tasha! How great are little boys and hunting? Leah could care less about deer, and although she does know Daddy goes out hunting to get a deer, (Go Boom) she just isn't all that intruiged yet.. Maybe when she is a bit older. :)
Good luck on potty-training Dawson! He sounds like he's well on the way.. I don't think Leah is quite ready to start yet, but we'll keep getting familiar with our "potty" chair... :)
the cabin sounds so fun! What a great place to relax in!
Congratulations on your hunting success Tasha! I love it that Dawson thinks deer say boom! He is all boy!
And Lyndi, your story about Cody made me laugh so hard!
Redecorating is so fun! It makes your home feel like a new place! Any ideas of colors for your other two rooms?
Dawson's comments were so cute. I love to listen how little ones process what they see and understand!
Post a Comment