Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Birthday and Spring!

Well, I hit another milestone...yup, I turned the big 25 on Saturday...a 1/4 of a century! Crazy!!
I had a wonderful birthday, enjoying every minute of it! Chris, Dawson and I drove to Fargo Saturday morning to spend the day. We had no schedule, no plans, just to enjoy ourselves. It was beautiful weather and we enjoyed the get away very much! I also got a really really great deal on a HUGE (I MEAN HUGE!) box of baby girl clothes! YIPPEE!! We should be set for the first couple of months anyway! We had a nice lunch, and had a leisure relaxing ride home. Then relaxed at home watching a movie after Dawson went to bed in the evening.

Sunday we spent another nice Spring day up at the land. We did a little 4-wheeling, and hiking. We walked the trail to the river that runs through the land, and the levels are up tremendously! It is beautiful, and there are fish!! In the afternoon headed back to the cabin, and built a fire while enjoying hot dogs and brats for lunch. After heading home and catching a quick nap, I awoke to a clean house (thanks to my hubby!) Later, my mom and dad brought a yummy steak dinner and grilled at our house. Then Chris had invited a few close friends for a mouth watering ice cream cake. We visited and enjoyed the time. It was a wonderful weekend to say the least!

The rest of our April was nice, enduring the endless winter has been honestly a bit depressing as I am wanting to get outside, but enjoying some Spring weather now that it is looking to stay around a little longer than a week.

We are also busy getting ready for our little lady to make her arrival. We have had a few very minor I wouldn't say complications, but things causing extra caution and extra doc visits. However still looking very healthy, and I am feeling good. A little like a beached whale, but good for the most part! Love having that pregnant belly, but going so much faster with this one than it did with Dawson. Mostly because I have Dawson keeping me busy :-) We are currently looking for a dresser for her room and hoping to paint and starting the decorating process soon. We are axious for another ultrasound Monday for a little more reassuring news, and the fun of getting to see our baby girl on the screen :-)

I am also keeping busy working on the quilt for her crib. I made one for Dawson, and had so much fun with it thought I would make one for her as well. The thing is finding time has been a bit of a challenge, but a few minutes here and there and it is coming together! I am no expert that is for sure, but having fun in the mean time.

Dawson is doing wonderfully, growing like a weed. We sucessfully took the "nuk" away a few weeks ago. We explained to him that the babies needed it, and he is a big boy! He has done beautifully. He asked for it just a couple times and we would say "who did we give it to?" he was happy to announce we gave it to the babies because he is a big boy! It was one of those mile stones I was super worried about the transition from, but it couldn't have gone any better!

We are keeping busy with projects around the house, and hoping to get a few more things checked off the to-do list before our little one makes her arrival. But enjoying the time of anticipation as well.

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Happy Birthday Tasha! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am so glad that all is going well with you and your little one! I can't wait to meet her!

Melanie said...

How fun! It was wonderful to see you guys on Sunday. You look so great Tasha! I can hardly wait to meet your beautiful baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers in this last stretch before your little one arrives!