Friday, May 23, 2008

Spring is in the Air!!

I just love this time of year, this season just seems to bring out happy weather and happy feelings! When we are able to play outside w/out a big heavy coat, able to open windows, deep clean, and my most favorite...PLANT!

Last Saturday Chris had to work, so Dawson and I hit a few garage sales in the morning, and then my mom and I hit some green houses in the afternoon. We ended the day by grilling out, and stopping into buy a few more plants after dinner while the boys got their fishing rods all ready for a Spring fish that night.

Sunday after church and a nap we spent the day outside enjoying the sunshine, fresh air, and working in the yard! My ideal weekends...(minus Chris working) We had a great time, enjoyed the yummy fish Chris caught that evening, and got so much accomplished!

I love planting flowers, and learning more about them. The beauty of the blooms, and the budding leaves, and the smell of dirt! It is just so refreshing! I wish I had the knowledge my mom does (who is a master gardener) but I enjoying learning from her instead, and picking her brain every chance I get!

Last week we also got to experience another ultrasound (my kids are apparently stubborn and they don't give them all the views the docs need the first time). But it is so fun seeing how much they have progressed and grown! She is still definitely a she :-) And I must say quite a doll!! Can't wait to meet her in real life! She is growing very rapidly, and measuring what they think is a little large...but she does have her daddy's genes :-) Things are looking great though, and I am feeling good. I had the glucose test, and passed with flying colors. Looking forward to our next appointment in 2 weeks.

Our plan for the lovely weekend is to do some fishing, and really tackle getting the baby's room looking like a room instead of a catch all storage room/office (please someone tell me I am not the only one who has a room like this...one that you are embarrassed to show people and feel better off just closing the door!) well, praying this room won't be like this for long! We have a giant storage closet downstairs that we need to get doors on. Once that is complete most of the storage type things will be put in there, and the computer will be moved to the new room downstairs as well as the elliptical, thus making room for the dresser and the crib :-) Can't wait!! Also looking forward to spending time outside and just having fun!

Hope everyone's Memorial Day weekend is an enjoyable one!!

1 comment:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Glad things are going so well with you and your little one! Talk soon!