AHHHH have I mentioned how much I love this time of year?? We have been having so much fun decorating our home, and singing Christmas songs. The four of us (Lainey mostly watched and giggled) did our Christmas baking one evening, it extended into Saturday morning being sugar cookies are kind of a drawn out process. It was a lot of fun! The morning we were cutting out the cookies Dawson had asked for a bite of dough I told him he could have just a tiny piece (he had already had a taste or two). He was in the middle of his taste, and he looked at my cocked his head a bit and said..."God wants me to eat this dough." I was in an uproar! Just crackes me up how kids think of such serious and funny things to say!
We have had fun talking about Jesus's birth, and the star the wisemen follow...the whole Christmas story! He had a blast picking out a present for Lainey, and is so proud of it. He is also so excited to give everyone their presents. I heard Chris asking him the other day "What is in this one?" I stopped him from answering before he did. Dawson has an amazing memory, and even though we wrapped the presents over a month ago, he remembers who they go to, and what is in them. Next year I may have to do this alone!
The night after Thanksgiving we did the traditional Night We Light Parade and had a great time! Afterwards we enjoyed all the family at our house for some pizza. It was so nice out, Dawson and Lainey both had so much fun! Lainey was trying her hardest to stay awake watching the lights, just as the last vehicle (santa and the firetruck) drove by I looked down and her eyes just seemed to fall shut. Too cute!
Chris won tickets for a play last week. It was a comedy and pretty funny at that. The NUNCRACKER. We are looking forward to an above 0 day one of these days to be able to do a little sledding. We are certainly keeping busy this joyous holiday season, and having loads of fun on top of that!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment