Monday, January 21, 2008

UPDATES!

Sorry it has been a while again since I have updated! Only excuse is we have truly been BUSY BUSY BUSY!!

Winter is going by quickly for us, but lets say with this cold snap...not quick enough as there are days that the cabin fever kicks in quite heavily! But manage to keep active with fun things indoors!

BABY UPDATE: I have been sick sick sick if not throwing up everyday, it is every other day. Pretty miserable nausea too. My wonderful family has been great at putting up with strange and quick meals that usually involve me not having to look smell or cook raw meat as only one word describes it....YUCK! Chris has been wonderful at helping out around the house, and getting dinners together. (THANKS HUNNY) We are now 13 weeks along (going quickly) and praying this portion passes soon! Doesn't seem to matter if I snack, if I eat, if I am hungry...when I feel sick that is all there is to it! I have been sipping on hot tea, and ice tea and for some reason that makes me feel somewhat better?? Is this in my head?! I have no clue, but know I was never this sick with Dawson. So...does this mean baby girl?? Who knows. We will be thankful for which ever flavor God gives us! Our first OB went well. The baby's heartbeat was quickly and easily found at 170 bpm. Love hearing that little swoosh swoosh...we could have happily listened all day long! The only major concern the doc has is me having the baby too early being Dawson was a premie. She said she will start watching for signs and checking me at 26-28 weeks....YIKES! So please keep us in your prayers for a fully cooked baby!

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: Yup, still in working mode! We are coming along and seeing TONS of progress! Thanks thanks thanks to our family and our friends who have been helping in the sheet rocking! There are just a few (literally a few) pieces left to hang! Great feeling, and seeing transformation is exciting! The closets are all framed, we have doors, vanity, sink, tub, potty, flooring...just need the puzzle put together. (I have pictures...and as soon as I find my missing camera I will post them, that is the trouble with having such a tiny camera I guess!...or pregnancy brain not remembering where I put it away safely at!..that sounds more like it, or a combo anyway.) FAMILY UPDATE: Other than the basement we have been busy having fun, and trying to keep warm! We went to Grand Forks last weekend (to pick up more building supplies) but had fun while we were there! Enjoyed lunch at Happy Joe's, and Dawson had a wonderful time playing basketball, and all the other little games they had. Although he sort of didn't have a clue, he still had fun! As for Dawson, he is growing like crazy! Telling us all sorts of sentences, and being as funny as ever! He is a great helper around the house with dusting, sweeping and vacuuming...strangely enough he is an extreme neat nick, and lets me know is something needs to be cleaned! (I promise I am not running some sort of boot camp for him...he really likes to do these sorts of things! In fact there are times I have to do them while he is sleeping so I don't get too much help!) TOO FUNNY! We just love him so much! He talks about the baby every once in a while, and I know he will love being a big brother, and a great help as he is with the babies at my mom's. Helps cover them up, and rubs their heads. He is amazingly very gentle, and very concerned if one of them is a little upset.

A very exciting thing we are looking forward to this Spring, we have booked tickets to fly to Maryland to visit my mom's side of the family and my wonderful Godparents! We are super excited! My parents are also coming. We will actually get to spend Easter there as well! I am so looking forward to seeing everyone, my brother and his family live there as well so we will get to hang out with them...can't wait as I love them all so much! And miss them like CRAZY!!

Okay...I better get back to getting a few things done. I will again post the pictures as soon as possible...what is a post without pictures?!
(Had to post this for my dad...his Frito boy!!)...I had the bag of chips out for a recipe and guess who decided to help himself?! :-) mommy...CHIP!

4 comments:

E&E said...

Congratulations to your family on the upcoming arrival! You must be so excited...hope the morning sickness eases up soon!

Rebecca said...

I am so glad the baby is doing well! It is always so nice to hear that heartbeat for the first time. When do you get your first ultrasound? I am just so happy for you!!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I am sorry that you've been so sick! I will pray that it will pass in these next couple weeks!! That is such a horrid feeling! I am glad that the baby is doing well too!
Dawson will be such a great big brother and helper to you!

The Loehlein Family said...

I just read your update...I hope you are feeling better by now! How miserable to be so sick...but it's for such a good reason! I wasn't sick with Olivia one bit but was somewhat sick with Joseph. Hmmmm....not sure if it has anything to do with baby's sex or not! Take care!