I know, it has been ages once again since I have posted anything...I usually get started, and then interrupted, and don't get back to finishing. So, here is a recap of our winter...somewhat anyway.
Dawson will be the big 2 next month and we can hardly believe the time has flown by so quickly! He is doing wonderfully, and talking more than ever. It amazes us how many things he understands and fills us in on now days. He loves his toddler bed, or as he calls it his "big boy bed!" and wants to show everyone who comes over! (Even the men delivering our new furniture...however for some reason those college boys didn't want to see it. poor Daws) Our new step is mastering the potty. He has just started in the last week or two liking the idea of sitting on the potty. Until now I have tried, but he hasn't been interested and I am a firm believer on the fact they have to be just as ready as you, or you are training yourself! So, he tells me when he has to go, and now likes to sit on the potty, and tries very hard to go. However, no major success just yet, but we are working on it. I feel like it is a major step in the right direction that he will sit on the potty and we will continue to take it one step at a time!
The house...our basement project is going well! We started out with cement and more cement, now looking like living quarters. The walls are painted, carpet is laid, 1/2 the furniture is in place (waiting for the rest to arrive, but that is another story) and the doors are hung. We are working on the trim, and the rest of the minor finishing projects and trying to keep up ambition to work on it. However now that we are able to enjoy the extra space, it is hard to be down there working. Bless Chris's heart has he has been the go getter during the whole project and if we didn't have him, and everyone elses help (thanks everyone!!) we wouldn't be as far as we are! My dad has been there every late night, and long day helping with whatever he can! What a pop! I will post pictures soon!
Thank you all who have been praying for my health during this pregnancy. I can happily say I haven't gotten sick in close to 2 weeks which is a HUGE step in the right direction!! I am 20 weeks and looking forward to our ultrasound on Monday which is always so much fun!! This pregnancy has gone by so quickly and I love feeling the baby swishing around from time to time. God is so awesome!! And having a baby is such an amazing thing to me...what an AWESOME GOD WE HAVE!!
We have certainly kept ourselved busy the past few months, took a day trip to Brainered after church one Sunday with my mom and dad. Had a great lunch out, and enjoyed some relaxing shopping, also about two weekends ago Chris and I took a first ever trip just the two of us to the cities. We were supposed to be staying in a cabin, but plans changed last minute. We still had a nice time (although missing Dawson more than ever!) It was hard to leave him, but we both know how important it is to have time for us every once in a while. It was nice to spend time with my sweet hubby and best friend, I just love him so much!
Speaking of hubby, last week we happily celebrated 8 years of being together. It was a funny thing as I think the only reason the date sticks in our heads so vividly is the fact that it is leap year day!! Amazing how quickly time has gone by! It has been a wonderful 8 years, and I can't wait to see what is in store for the next 8!
We are looking forward to our trip in a couple weeks to the East Coast. I am starting to get in the "what should I pack" mode and we are all very excited. I have been buying little things here and there for Dawson to play with on the plane ride, and not giving him them until we get on the plane! So far I picked up some play-dough, colors & coloring books, new story books, and a magnadoodle. Of course he will bring a few cars and tractors as well. If anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear them as I am now stumped! We have window and isle seats and it is a large plane so he will have a tiny room to move a bit, but know it will still be a long ride. And pray he does well.
We are also looking forward to Spring as I 100% am ready for the snow to melt, and some outside days!! I know the East coast will be a teaser as they are having 40-50 degree weather, and some days 60. I will take it! And hope it follows us home!!
I hope you are all having a wonderful winter! God Bless!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for the update Tasha; I have been wondering how you all have been doing. Busy, it looks like! You'll have to post some belly shots soon!
So, are you going to find out if baby is a boy or a girl? I am so pysched for you guys!!! I am so glad baby and you are doing so well!!
Great to hear from you guys Tasha! What a big boy Dawson is already!!! hard to belive our kids will be 2 soon isn't it??? I'd love to see pics of your house.. sounds like it is going sooo well! I can't wait for your ultrasound.. so fun!!! Will you guys be finding out the gender? So fun to hear all your news!! Keep us posted!
Have fun on your trip!! Vacations are always so much fun!
I am glad you have been feeling better, I was wondering how you were doing just this week!
Thanks for the update!!
See you soon!
Post a Comment