We have been keeping busy this summer (can we call it summer??) getting things ready for our little lady bug to make her arrival. The nursery is in order, crib together, sheets washed, room painted, diapers & wipes stocked, dresser together with a drawer full of freshly laundered girl clothing, her bag/my bag packed, and the cradle ready to go! We are anxiously awaiting her to make her entrance. Although it could still be another month before she shows her tiny little face, we are ready! I have finished the quilt, and purchased a very cute big brother gift for Dawson. So, when she is ready...so are we!!
(This is her new drsser...got it for a steal! We had been searching for one, and found this one cherry wood, 3 drawer with side storage marked from $259.00 to $59.00 YUP, my kind of bargin!!)
(This is the quilt I had been working on...it is hard to tell from the picture, but it is a rag quilt. I made one for Dawson when I was pregnant with him also. They are so fun!)
(These are the lady bugs on the quilt...they are brown and pink. I have ordered a sign and some lady bugs to put on her wall, and her lamp, they should be here soon to finish the decore!)
(Daddy, Dawson and his walleye...he was the only one who caught one that night!)
We have also been blessed with family and friends visiting, and getting to use our newly finished guest bedroom finally. I love having the space to house people, and enjoy hosting!
I have been busy planting flowers in my beds, and pots, and so enjoy all the blooms! I am loving the help from Dawson as I do it as well. I have decided not to do a veggie garden this year which I may regret when it comes time to reap those rewarding fresh veggies. However I just decided I don't have enough energy at the moment to get it planted, and keep it weeded. I am going to pop a few plants in my mom's giant garden so we will have some fresh peppers and tomatoes for salsa. I know when it comes harvest time with a new arrival I will be a little busier too, and just decided this year we were going to have to sadly pass on our own veggies. We did plant a few more cherry trees, and apple trees, and hopefully in a few years will enjoy their fruit! I sure miss our old HUGE apple trees we left at our old house!
Monday after Dawson's nap, we met Mindy, Elianna, and Elijah at Diamond Point Park. It was a sunny day, and we had a great time. Dawson however had more fun watching everyone then playing on the equipment. We grilled there tonight and enjoied the weather and that beautiful new facility!
(Here I come through the tunnel!)
(After our picnic tonight by the water! )
Hope you are all enjoying the summer weather!!
(Hanging out fishing and enjoying the warm weather!)
(We met Chris's brother and sister-in-law in Brainered for the races a couple of Saturday's ago. Dawson loves to watch them!)

5 comments:
I'm so glad that your Dad is doing well! I was praying for you all...what a scare! Good to see you back in the blogging world and to hear what you've been up to!
I am so glad that your Dad is doing well! It is so scary! I love the quilt you made for your little one! It is sweet! It is good hear of your updates!
I just had to comment on the pictures, since they were added after I posted the first time. I love the nursery..so cute! And the picture of your Dad and Dawson is so sweet!
Hi Tasha! It's been awhile since I checked your blog and I'm so glad I did. So glad to hear you Dad is doing well and that he is up and around. I'm sure that was a real scary time. Dawson is quite the little man these days! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We'll be waiting for news of the Little Princess to make her arrival.
I love your pictures you added Tasha! Dawson is such a sweetheart and is growing away!!! I love your nursery decor.. and can't wait to see your new little girl!! So glad to hear your dad is back to normal.. we were praying!
Post a Comment