Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Counting Down!!

So the closer we get to our due date, the more anxious I am becomming about having a new little bundle of joy! We had an appointment this past Monday with the news of no major changes. Which in reality is fine...we would rather have a healthy "fully cooked" baby girl, but some days just seems so hard to wait!

In the mean time we have been keeping busy with family activites outdoors. This past Saturday we enjoyed the gorgeous sunshine on the lake. My dad, Dawson, Chris and I spent a few hours fishing for bass on a small lake near our house. It was also Chris and my 5th wedding anniversary, (I LOVE YA BABE!) I was so lucky to have been united with this wonderful man! My best friend, a wonderful father and husband, what more could I ask for! I am sure blessed!

Being it was our anniversary my mom and dad offered for Dawson to stay with them for the evening...I think they were itching to have him :-) Chris and I had a lovely dinner, and a nice evening relaxing. Strange not to have a little man to put to bed (this being like the 3rd or 4th time he has ever spent away from home) and I have to admit something was missing when I didn't have him to wake up to in the morning. However, we met him, my mom and dad, and some close family friends for a quick drive to a Logging Camp for breakfast. They do the old fashioned thing where everyone sits at a long bench and table and we get a HUGE breakfast served on metal platters where we all just dig in! This fills us up for lunch as well! After that, we enjoyed a few of the sights around the camp, and of course had to feed the fish in the river and the chickens (tradition!)

Once we left there we headed to Itasca to spend the rest of the day until early afternoon. Dawson loved throwing rocks in the water (his favorite past time lately!) and enjoyed watching all the people swimming. Although, I still think the water was a little too cool for my comfort. However we couldn't resist sticking our toes in the water for a little while!

We finished off our day with the usual afternoon nap (I am getting used to these on the weekends!) and then spent the evening out on the lake in front of Chris's parent's home. We did quite well catching walleye, and had a beautiful night of a boat ride.

What a nice weekend!

So, our continued challenge....picking a name for our sweet baby. Seems like a chore this time, one minute we think we have it, and the next...we are back to square 1.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on 5 years! I feel your anticipation for having your little girl in your arms! I am glad everything is going so well. You should put some pregnant pics up :) It's so fun to see pregnant bellies!