So, I have to be honest, I thought I would have had our baby by now! Dawson was born at almost 36 weeks, and being my labor went so quickly, and early for our first, I thought this baby would come early as well....WRONG!! I know it isn't always the case, and I also know she is better off cooking on the inside as Dawson had some icky premie problems we had to deal with and I don't preferably want to do that again. But comfort level wise...I am ready to deliver!!
In the mean time we had a wonderful forth of July weekend! Friday we went down to the waterfront for some traditional (and fattning) carnival food for lunch and took Dawson on 1 Nascar ride. Being he was a couple inches too short to ride..I rode with him, and let me tell you, it was fast!! But didn't put me into labor. However he LOVED the ride and giggled and giggled and giggled! We spent that morning outside enjoying the lovely weather, and playing with a big giant beach ball. Also got our grocery shopping done for the week before the rush at the store. That evening we had a cookout at some dear friend's house, and then all went out on the boat for a cruise, and then to watch the fireworks! It was great, and the firework show was BEAUTIFUL! Such a nice night out on the water as well!
Saturday brought the kiddie parade! It was so cute to see all the little ones dressed up and so excited to be seen. They did this on a small one way street close to the lake. Nice and small enough that it wasn't over whelming! After this, and then nap time, we headed to the waterfront again to watch the traditional water ski show! Amazing how talented, and brave I might add these preformers are. We have made it at least a 5 year tradition or more to see this! That night we had another cookout at my mom and dad's, it was delicious!!
Sunday came along with some warm weather! We stayed cool at the parade enjoying the shade of a nice tree. Dawson got TONS of candy which we aren't sure what to do with yet...bring it to work to share?? As we don't need all of that at our house! He had a blast though! That night we relaxed out on the boat, and did a little fishing. The weather was gorgeous, however the waves were a little choppy, but still had a nice time!
So, we have another doc appointment today before our provider goes on vacation. Praying she delivers this baby as we like her so much, and she delivered Dawson. But, it is God's timing we are just reminding ourselves of that!!
I will update more when I know more.
Hope everyone had a SPLENDID 4th of JULY!!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Tasha..
YES! I am serious about takers for the clothes.. I gave a bunch away yesterday to a friend, and I am planning on just getting rid of the rest of them at Goodwill. If you want them.. I can meet you in town somewhere on Wed. or I can see what works for you. (I am planning on getting rid of them wed.) Some of them are pretty nice clothes. :)
Sounds like you had a fun 4th! Blessings with your little girl.. she'll arrive very soon!!!
Post a Comment