We had a nice weekend this weekend, even though it was cool, and rainy, I got some projects done inside. I have always wanted to make my own baby food for my kids...I did a few things with Dawson, but didn't do as much as I had wanted.
I was chatting with Sarah about it on Wednesday, and decided to tackle it Friday night and Saturday. I so far have made a bunch of applesauce, carrots, and green beans. They are all frozen, and ready for her to eat when she is old enough. I plan to also make squash, sweet potatoes, peaches, bananas, pumpkin, peas, mixed veggies, and whatever else pops into my mind...I will have to browse the baby food isle for more ideas!
Saturday evening we had a surprise party to go to...it was a lot of fun, and our neighbor (his 40th) was totally surprised! It was great! Nice to visit with people you don't see often enough.
So, the melting my heart part...yesterday while Dawson and I were making cc cookies after his nap (Lainey was still napping) he had added the flour, and wanted to taste it. I told him he could, when I turned around he was literally covered from nose to toes in flour. I told him he was a mess, he of course replied with his favorite word "why?" I said, because you are a boy, and you are good at making messes, again..."why?" because God made you that way! He said without missing a beat..."I love God, and I love mommy, and I love Lainey, and I love Simba too." ((Simba is the dog)). Then he said, Jesus loves mommy, and Dawson, and Lainey, and Simba, and Daddy. A few minutes later he said, daddy loves you mommy, and me, and Lainey.
The whole time I am thinking...this is one of my most favorite moments of being a mom!!
Hope your weekend was great!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Children are so sweet!!!
Hey, I just saw your comment come in here as I was at the computer and I wanted to say THANK YOU for showing your support to the lady holding the sign against abortion! Don't worry -- I'm sure she didn't think you were a fruit loop -- coming from the sign holding position, we LOVE when people show their support!
Right now, there is a "40 days for life" event going on in Duluth (and I think in other parts of the country) where the goal is to have people praying and peacefully holding pro-life signs outside the abortion clinic around the clock for 40 days. It's been going on for a couple weeks now and so that's probably why you saw the sign holders.
I'm actually going down there this afternoon to be involved and pray for an hour or so. And even though I haven't been able to sidewalk counsel at the abortion clinic since Christian was born, I hope to go as soon as it works out again. And thankfully, I can still be involved by holding pro-life signs at Planned Parenthood -- there's a group that is out there every Thursday afternoon.
Anyway, yes, I will be sure to give updates as things happen and I know God is working and answering the prayers of those who are standing up for these innocent ones!
P.S. I've been meaning to say this forever -- your baby girl is absolutely gorgeous -- congratulations!!!!!
And Dawson is as adorable as ever!! :)
Hi Tasha! How are you my friend? Your kids are adorable!
I'm excited to be able to keep up with you via the world of blogs!
Post a Comment