A couple of weekends ago we enjoyed a Saturday morning wagon ride on a covered wagon at Buena Vista. It was very pretty at the top of the ski hills. It was supposed to be a fall colors ride, but the peek color season is just starting, but it was a beautiful day anyway.
Last week we spent some time at an indoor water park in Duluth. We had a very nice time. We enjoyed the kiddie part of the water park, as well as the big tubing slides. It was nice and warm so Lainey even swished her toes a bit. The four of us rode tubes around the lazy river in the morning before getting ready for the day. What a nice mini getaway! That day we visited the aquarium (which I wasn't impressed with) it was nice, don't get me wrong, but very spendy! For Chris and I they charged $29, plus $4 just to park...not to mention it only took us about an hour to walk through the exhibit. Oh well, we know for next time. Dawson enjoyed it so that is what counts.
We finished off our day with gooseberry falls. We had the best time there. The weather was just perfect, and it was a weekday and very quiet. Dawson had the most fun throwing rocks into the water while Chris got as close to the waterfalls as he could. (BOYS!!) Lainey and I hung out on the shore taking in the scenery, and helping Dawson find rocks.
This past week I started back at work. Lainey is 10 weeks and I thought I would do a couple of weeks part time before jumping in with both feet. To my amazement she did wonderfully at daycare (AKA- NANA'S HOUSE) Yes, we are so blessed to have my mom watch our kids. What could be better! Dawson just loves going there and playing with the two other daycare kids, and I love knowing I am leaving them with my mom! THANKS MOM!! YOU ARE THE BEST!
All and all things are going well! Lainey has stopped her fussy spell, and we are getting on a schedule. Dawson is doing much better being on more of a routine which is very helpful, although there are days where he pushes as far as he can too see what our reactions will be. I am starting to think a lot of this behavior has to do with his age, and not totally the new baby, although they go hand in hand! Juggling the two of them is getting more manageable though.
Lainey is changing so much, both in looks, and personality! She is smiling, and loves to talk to you. She is in awe to be outside which I think is great, and we have gone about 5 day stretches sleeping through the night...YIPPEE!!
HAPPY FALL....MY MOST FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!
Smiling Girl (Oops...forgot to flip the pict.)
The four of us at Buena Vista
All bundled up at the playground
Me and my babies at Gooseberry

3 comments:
That little girl is so adorable!! It looks like you all are settling into life as a nice family of four. I just love to see pictures of your family!
How fun! I went camping at Gooseberry this summer...and it's one of my favorite places!
I can't believe how big Lainey is already! Hope that the transition of going back-to-work continues to go smoothly for you.
What a fun get-away for you all. I keep checking your blog to see how life is going for you with 2 kiddos now. You're paving the way for me! Glad to hear that life is getting a little bit more manageable for you. People often ask me, "How is Daniel going to handle a new baby?!?" And, honestly, I'm trying not to think about it...
So happy to hear that Lainey is doing well at your mom's!
p.s. I tagged you on my blog posting today, too!
Post a Comment