Thursday, March 13, 2008

Laura Update!! PRAISE GOD!!

Hi!
I don't know if you have heard any updates since Tuesday.
Laura did get to go to Fargo with her husband Josh, and their new infant daughter Rebekah Grace. (born @ 32 1/2 weeks weighing 5lbs)
I spoke to Laura's mom this morning and she said it is amazing how well Rebekah is doing. She was on the ventalator to help her breath, and then taken off that and put onto a CPAP. During the night Laura was able to give her one tube feeding of colostrum, and then again this morning. She progressed so well over night she is now off the CPAP! PRAISE GOD!! She is doing so well, and progressing so quickly. She is sucking on a pacifier which is amazing and doing well.
Laura is hoping to be discharged today and they will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house. However it is the house further away from the hospital as they are waiting for an opening at the one closer. There is a shuttle back and forth which is some assistance.
Josh's mom is there with them for now, and will most likely have to go back this afternoon. He will be traveling home at some point so to get a vehicle so they have transportation of their own.
Laura's mom and dad are taking care of Leah (Josh and Laura's 23 month old) and she is doing well also. They will be traveling to Fargo on Saturday for a visit which they are looking forward to. I have pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them Iwill be happy to forward them.
Laura's spirits are also high which is great!

Praise God for the quick healing and growing of Rebekah, and please keep her and the rest of the Helweg family in your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update Tasha! Praise God! So good to hear that everyone is doing well. I would love to see pictures!
our email: delchiloveskrista@gmail.com
thanks, Krista

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.