Friday, August 29, 2008

Cleaning Will Wait, and a Toddler Funny

This morning at 4:00 when Lainey got up to eat I picked her up from her cradle and realized just how fast she is growing. Where has the 5 weeks gone?! Then I got to thinking, and starting to feel incredibly guilty. I have been trying so hard to keep up with house work, and other daily duties I am used to doing. I feel like I am neglecting my newest joy, and not making the most of every moment in her tiny life! Like yesterday when I was cleaning the kitchen and Lainey was awake and starting to get hungry and I said "Just a minute honey, Mommy will be right there."I shouldn't say neglecting as I do get quite a bit of cuddle time, but when Dawson was little I just remember it was just him and I during the day, not another little one to give attention to. Plus this past month Chris has been home so he has been helping out with the cleaning, and attention giving during the day. So, another life adjustment for a new mother of two I guess. I just hate letting my house cleaning get behind, and things getting cluttered, but I have to realize at the end of the day, the cleaning will always wait, and when people stop over they will have to realize my kids are more important in my life than my floors and counter tops. Because I won't get those moments of tiny coos, and cuddles that I loose back. And I will get the dirt back!!



And for the funny...

Dawson has been saying/asking lately..



D: "Lainey our baby?"



Me: "Yes"



D: "She was in your tummy?"



Me: "Yes"



D: "She come out your tummy?"



Me: "Well, Yes"



D: "You have another baby mommy?"



Me: "Not right now"



D: "Tomorrow Mommy??"



Me: "No, You want mommy to have another baby??"



D: "Yes"



Me: "When??"



D: "From the doctor, Dr. Huuman"



The things kids pick up!! So young and innocent...most of the time :-)



Enjoy the day!