I haven't updated since our life adjustment from one child to two. I am happy and thrilled to announce it is going wonderfully! Although I must admit we have had a tremendous amount of help! (THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!)
The first day home my mom and dad brought a wonderful dinner which was great, also Dawson took a great nap, and I got one too! And being Lainey still sleeps the majority of the time, I tend to sneak a nap in a few times a week. Chris's mom has been gracious enough to bring us dinner as well, and we also had Chris's brother and sister in law (Ron and Heidi) stay with us the first weekend we were home as well. We took it easy, I made caramel rolls one morning for breakfast, and the next we had cereal and toast.
Chris was able to take 4 weeks off from work for paternity leave and I don't know if I could have made the adjustment without him being here. He is loving his one on one time with Dawson, and Dawson in turn loving his daddy time as well.
Dawson has made a great adjustment to becoming a big brother and although we have to remind him every once in a while to be careful around her, he is doing great! Naps and bedtime couldn't be going more smoothly.
Lainey is still sleeping wonderfully, day and night, although starting to be awake during the daytime a little more. She nurses about every 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours. Which is a major change as Dawson was every 2-2 1/2 like clockwork. I think she is still figuring out a schedule. She is just as easy going as she was when she was in the womb though, and still get just as many sets of hiccups.
So, life has been going very well! We are remembering how long it takes to get out of the house with a newborn though, in fact I was about 20 minutes late for church on Sunday being she was taking quite a while to eat!
We have still been keeping very busy, and getting out and about. We had a great visit to the fair, and the dragon boat races (Chris's team took 8th...way to go!) we also went to the dragon boat practice, and Melanie's beautiful wedding! It was gorgeous!!
This weekend we plan to go to Grandforks, and we may possibly have family here from Trinidad! (still waiting to hear)
The following weekend Chris is in a wedding so we are taking an extended trip to spend time in the cities. I am anxious to meet my new nephew, as well as seeing Chris's family! I haven't been out and about with both kids by myself just yet, we have taken it pretty easy, and when we went to the Dragon boats my dad came with us to help me with Dawson as I wasn't able to lift him just yet.
That is our adjustment process so far, I know we are still getting used to things as she is only 2 weeks old today, and Chris has been home so life still isn't back to the way things will be for good, but I foresee it working out well. Even though it is still a little bit surreal, I LOVE being a mom of two!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so glad things are going so well!!!! I enjoyed seeing Lainey the other day! She is so sweet!!
Thanks for the update. I am so glad that things are going so well for you all. I can't wait to meet Lainey; she is just beautiful!
Post a Comment