Monday, August 11, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears...and More!!

We have continued to keep ourselves busy, and continue to have fun!
This past week we visited the local Animal Land for a glimps at all the animals. We hadn't been in quite a while, in fact, the last time being when Dawson was just a bit older than Lainey is now. He LOVED seeing all the animals, and was having a blast although a little unsure of the buck that just wouldn't quit pestering him for food. He had to get up in daddy's arms to get away from him. It is amazing how many animals they actually have in that place, although most of them were being a bit lazy, it was still fun to see them!

Chris and Dawson took a trip to Grandforks to watch the beloved car races on Friday night. Lainey and I stayed home and had some girl time. Did a little shopping, and some relaxing and cuddling. I even sat down and watched a chick flick! Haven't done that in quite a while!

My aunt and uncle were here visiting from Trinidad this weekend as well, it was great seeing them as it has been years and years since I have seen them. Love to hear stories, and taste some of the great cooking they made for us. I am still trying to master a native bread type that is delicious...going to take some time though.

Being they were here visiting we thought we would take them to the headwaters at Itasca. Here are a few pictures of Dawson and Chris getting their feet wet :-)

After Itasca we headed over to the little town of Dorset, a family favorite! To enjoy some lunch, and a round of mini golf, not to mention the delicious ice cream!

This weekend Chris is in a wedding of his good friend's in St. Cloud. We are making a little mini vacation of it, heading to the cities early in the week, and spending the weekend with his brother and sister in law. Although the wedding is going to keep us plenty busy we hope to get to the zoo, and a few other fun places during our visit.

DAWSON & GRANDAD ON THEIR WAY TO THE HEADWATERS

LAINEY ENJOYING ANIMAL LAND
WASHING UP AFTER ANIMAL LAND
FEET READY TO GET WET!! (LIKE THE TAN LINES?)
WARM WATER ON LITTLE TOES
SO FUN

THE FRIENDLY GOAT
AND THE DEER!
DAWSON LOVED THE DONKEY
HI BUCK!!



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a fun time! It looks liek you are adjusting just fine with another little one. It's very encouraging for whenever we decide to have another!I love the feet pictures. Lainey is absolutly adorable!

Karen said...

How fun! You know, I have lived five miles from Animal Land my entire life, and have NEVER been there.

Lainey is just adorable too! (And so is Dawson..don't want him to feel left out.)

Lesley said...

I liked your comment awhile back about how you wanted to take a picture of your laundry basket when it's empty since it doesn't last!! :) I was just thinking about that when I noticed my laundry basket is already full again after just doing 3 loads! Ahh! Hard to keep up. Anyway, your kid pics are just adorable and I bet they are growing up fast! Hope you guys are doing well!