We had a WONDERFUL and busy Christmas. We celebrated about 4 different Christmases with family. Our family Christmas, then Christmas with my parents, then Chris's family, then his extended family. It was a great year, the best part was watching my kids. I think it gets better and better every year. It was so fun to watch Dawson get so excited with each gift. He would open one, and then want to read that book, or play with what he got. It took us a long time to open each time because he was so into what he had opened he forgot he had more. Lainey was just happy as a lark to watch it all going on around her. I am sure she LOVED the clothes and toys she got, but she was just content and happy taking it all in--this is her. I think one of the most laid back babies ever!
Chris's aunt makes stained glass pieces. For Christmas she let us all pick out either a lamp, or a panel and our colors and she is going to make them for us. She promised them by next year. I can't wait...she said I can spend a weekend with her and help. It is so fun to watch, and the end projects are GORGEOUS! What a thoughtful and genuine gift! Thanks Steve and Sue, you guys are great!!
Dawson also got a hand made wooden barn and fun animals from them. Steve is known for his barn, he makes them and Suzie paints them. He loves it. It is great! I think he will enjoy it for years. And also, so very special!
We had a fun New Year's celebration with friends, we enjoyed 2 New Year parties. One was a nice dinner, with great food, and a fun visit. The other was a small get together with neighbor friends. We lounged around and of course ate, and just had a nice time. New Years day was nice and relaxing as well. The boys did some fishing, and us girls watched a chick flick before ham dinner at our house. Ahhh...I love days like that!
BUNCO--so, I have a new fun filled sport I play. Okay, game--Bunco. Have you heard of it?? There are about a dozen of us that get together and play this no thought dice game. We play it 1x a month on the first Sat. of the month. There is social time before hand, and then we get down to business. We enjoy each other's company, and the rules are--get out of the house and enjoy yourself without kids and hubbies. It is fun, nice to have some time out of the house, and fun to catch up with friends. I have been told they also do theme nights, the last one was prom--yup, dress up in your prom attire! I haven't experienced the themes just yet, but I am sure it will be fun as well.
And, I have to post a toddler SO CUTE-- The other day Dawson said to my mom "Nana, please open your Bible...I want to see God."
">
(Dawson showing off and having fun at Grandma's) and above that (Lainey hanging out being her happy smiling self)

No comments:
Post a Comment