Saturday, January 24, 2009

Loving My Kids! (sorry kind of random)

We have had one CRAZY week at our house, I gotta tell you, my kids rarely get sick but in the last week they have completely made up for it!

We have planned a trip to the cities for an extended weekend, hoping to leave today after work. Now you have to understand, I want to get away so badly!! This is also our 3rd attempt to get to the cities in the last month. Chris finally got time off work the 1st time, and we had a snow storm and couldn't go. Okay, reschedule. Then two weeks ago we purchased tickets for monster trucks--which Dawson LOVES! Got great seats, however this was the weekend Chris's grandfather passed away, so our plans changed again. So, attempt #3...we are packed and hoping to leave in T minus 4 hours!

--New plans-- we are hoping to spend the day at MOA (haven't been there in about 4years!) We are going to take in Underwater World, and Lego Land as well as the park! I am really looking forward to it! This is our plan for Friday. Saturday Chris is going clay pigeon shooting with his brother and Heidi and I (my sis in law) are going to hang out. Nothing major planned, just to enjoy time. Should be a nice weekend.

Getting back to the crazy part of our week! I took Dawson into walk in care because of a cough. Thinking I was going to hear it was viral, but wanted to be on the safe side since we had the weekend away planned. Instead I heard...his strep test is positive. Okay, meds, tylenol, sleep he is fine. The next morning we awoke to Lainey (I don't mean we awoke, we were up all night with Lainey) she ended up having pink eye! YUCK!! Luckily they had put her on meds for s.t. just in case --I think she got it, and that is why she was up most of the night. So, I think we are on the straight away to recovery--I pray!! We had a full night's rest last night, and praying we are back on track!

On a side note, I just have to mention how much I love my kids! I love how well they get along, and how Dawson talks to Lainey and kisses her and hugs her, makes her smile all the time, and brings her toys. The cutest part is when someone else is talking to her...he has to get right in there and make sure she is paying attention to him as well. Lainey just lights up everytime she sees him. No matter if she is tired or upset, he walks in the room and she smiles away. In her eyes...her brother can do no wrong! ---Fast Forward a few months and I know I will hear "mom, she is looking at me" but until then, I am just going to love how they interact!

And---here are some pictures from Christmas time! I will post more when I can handle blogger's speed!
#1-Lainey and Grandad Christmas morning #2-random of Lainey in her carseat smiling away #3-Dawson and Lainey on Christmas eve after church...



No comments: