
Okay, so one of these days I feel like I am going to drop Dawson on the side of the road and put a big free sign on him. Yes, that is a horrible thing for a mother to say, and I assure you that I would NEVER do that. However some days I am ready to give him up at least for a couple of hours. --and I ask...is this NORMAL??
I am thinking it is a mixture of being so busy, and mostly so out of routine that my son has decided to be a little monster lately. It is usually when he is getting tired, or still tired in the morning. He wants 110% of our attention and as much as we would love to grant him this wish every moment he wants it...it isn't always something we can do.
This morning we had the "I don't want to get dressed", "I don't want to wear my boots", "I don't want to get out of my diaper". And then the laying on the floor and not wanting to move. (This is usually his idea of a tantrum) Which if it were a day we didn't have to be leaving the house for work, fine, lay there until your heart is content, but today...we have to get going!! Of course we are then running late, and everyone (minus happy Lainey) is starting to get frustrated. And then if I try to help him with something we hear "I want daddy to do it" and vice versa if Chris tries to help him..."I want mommy to do it". (( While all of this is going on, Lainey just sits there all bundled up in her car seat smiling and giggling away!))
So, that is my frustrations for today. Feeling like "mother of the year" (sarcastically!) for getting irritated at his actions, and exhausted from trying to figure out what is going to set him off. --He isn't bipolar is he?? This is normal right?! I just wonder!

6 comments:
Oh Tasha..
I am feeling the same way right now with Leah!!! I had to laugh at your title.. I feel the same way somedays!!!
Leah has just been questioning and disobeying eveything I say.. no matter what punishment/reward I use. I think it is just a "phase" because some days are better than others.
Just today I found that saying "I Love you" and following that with a tickle or a hug helps to quelch bad behavior. Really she only wants positive attention I think.
Dawson is NORMAL! I will be praying for you.. but don't feel like you are alone.. I am with you in the struggle!
Thank you for the re-enforcement Laura. Chris and I feel totally exhausted some days, and others he is an absolute ANGEL! And yup, rewards, punishments...doesn't matter. Very frustrating!! At the end of the day I still love him so much, but there are times in the day where his attitude drives me CRAZY!--I will also keep your situation in my prayers!!
Oh, Natasha!! I have days like this already, and Cara is only 11 months old! She has just recently started throwing temper tantrums. Oh joy. I can't imagine what the days will be like when the new baby gets here! I hope your bad days get better! I really think God will only give us what we can handle. The good days will come back, I promise!
Completely normal. I had to laugh reading this though, it is nice to know we are not alone! As Dawson gets older he will become more independent, trust me, it does get easier - hang in there!
I never thought of putting a free sign on them! How creative! When I get really frustrated I say I'd like to give them to Grammy. Once my hubby heard me saying this and he told the kids that if I ever want to give them away, he'll take them so now they always say, "Give us to Daddy!"
Toddlerhood is hard, hard, hard! You can read all kinds of parenting books and yet find that some days, nothing seems to work. I will say it gets better though. I am raising one of the strongest-willed kids on the planet and she is doing pretty well these days now that she is closer to four.
May the Lord be with you. It's a war!
Thanks so much for the coupons. I gave all my own coupons to a friend before I started formula feeding Justus (back when I thought I wouldn't use them) so I was wondering what I was going to do since it's scandalous to pay full-price for formula! Thanks a bunch!
Post a Comment