Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Have you ever??



Have you ever prayed for sleep?? Something I had been taking so for granted before I became a mom, and then again before Lainey was born. She was doing tremendous for a while, sleeping through the night-for about 4 months straight. Then she got sick, and was up. Of course I probably did the bad thing and found myself so exhausted and would bring her back to bed for a few hours (falling asleep of course) before putting her back into her crib. So last night she woke up screaming and we went in there, picked her up, made sure everything was okay and put her back down. She screamed again...we thought we would just let her fuss for a bit. And a minute seems like eternity when your baby is screaming! I went back in and got her, and then felt horrible and she kept crying, screaming out off and on even in my arms! She would kick and kick and kick her legs...growing pains? Dawson got these (so we think) when he was young, Chris said he remembers getting them very often in his childhood. I have no clue if this is what it is, but I just felt awful for her. She did snooze off and on, but would cry out as well. Poor baby!
I have lost track of the last time we have gotten a full night's sleep. Between Dawson being sick, then onto Lainey, then myself. Oh Lord, Please give us the much needed rest we need!!

No comments: