


A couple of weekends ago we decided (on a whim) to replace the flooring in our bedroom. I have to be honest, I am not a fan of carpeting, and I have always wanted hardwood flooring in the bedroom. Chris has always said it would be too cold, but I love the looks and ease of the hard surface as this is what I have throughout the rest of the house.
Chris surprised me and found gorgeous flooring while we were in the cities. He called me and made sure that is still what I wanted. Then purchased it. So, Saturday the project began...
Friday night we started by taking out everything but our bed from our room. This included a large free standing fireplace, two dressers, and two night stands...not to mention all the other misc. stuff that had mysteriously accumulated in the closet and under the bed. (this is where our year books hide that we occassionally still look at. Plus a couple of magazines, and the missing stamp set I had been looking for. I know, it is terrible, but I also figure no one sees under there, and it isn't like it is full of yuck and junk, just a few books and magazines. --the stamps ended up under there d/t the fact that I have a 2 year old who likes to drive things, and stamps that are car stamps are perfect to drive right?!
I can't take any credit for this project as my hubby and my dad did the work. I just kept the kids happy, fed, and busy. Of course Dawson was a helper too, and Lainey supervised with me every once in a while.
On Sunday about 4:00 we decided since everything was out of our room, and the baseboard was off the walls...why not change the whole look and paint?! So, we ran to Home Depot, and bought paint. I wanted to go neutral, Chris wanted something calming, and "anything but neutral". So, we agreed upon a pretty blue. This matched our new (clearance) comforter perfectly. We headed home and he went to town painting, again with my dad's help, we got the job done. Put the bed back in the room, and the rest of the furniture, and even hung the pictures back on the wall. Now we have what reminds me of an "Ocean Oasis".
It is beautiful, bright, relaxing, and I love it!! A room, transformed from top to bottom in just a day and a half.
Thanks mom for the delicious dinner on Sunday evening, and for the relaxing time. Thanks dad for all your hard work and help! We can never do projects without you guys!

1 comment:
It looks really good!!! I love your color choice!
Post a Comment