Friday, June 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We enjoyed the long Memorial Day weekend with a little jump start! The four of us packed up and took off on Thursday afternoon heading to the cities for an extra long weekend. We had a great time with gorgeous real summer like weather! (70's and 80's) The kids did extremely well, and we enjoyed many events. We did some shopping, and found fabulous deals in Albertville, apparently they have sidewalk sales for Memorial Day! We couldn't pass up a gorgeous afternoon at the zoo, and the guys headed to Princeton that evening for the car races.

Saturday we did a little more shopping, and the four of us drove to the Stillwater area for another car race. Heidi, Lainey and I enjoyed fabulous Thai food one night before doing some evening shopping, and Sunday we had a great lunch before heading home.

Unfortunately Monday it rained most of the day, but the kids and I planted some of our flowers while staying sheltered from the rain in the garage. We did get a few odd jobs done in between rain showers as well.

Monday evening we had a nice steak dinner with both sets of parents. It was a great way to end a nice long weekend! I love those breaks every once in a while.


(Dawson & Daddy cool down w/a popsicle at the Como Zoo)

(Lainey hangs out and takes it all in)


(Dawson & Heidi watch the seals show off)


(Dawson & I take a ride on the tea cups)

1 comment:

S. and Company said...

Hi there!
Thanks for the note! I love finding new connections with people I don't know, so it was fun to read the comment you left! I hope you had a really great day! Your family is really beautiful! (We have the "older brother, little sister" thing in common too, I see!)
Blessings to you!
~Natalie