Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Light at the End!!

Whew!! It has been a while coming, but we are finally seeing our project coming to a close! Chris and I started this project, with energy and excitment to see the end result, but it has been a long time coming!

We have been painting!!! We are painting our livingroom/dinningroom/entry way/kitchen (which are all one big room really) and our hallway. These are all located in the upstairs of our home, our main living area! And it has been a wreck for the last few weeks! With the fair, dragon boat practice & race, art in the park, working only when Dawson is sleeping, and life in general...it has been a long time coming! I believe tonight we will be able to do the last few touch up spots, put the outlet covers back on, take off the remaining tape, and put the furniture back where it belongs as well as pictures on the wall! And did I mention sit down and take it all in??

I will post some finished pictures as well as work in progress pictures later today...I am really liking what we have done, even if it was a long time coming! Amazing what some color can do...hoping winter won't seem as dark now that I won't be staring at drab cream colored walls any longer!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Man, I would love to live in a house long enough to be able to do something like that! We move every three to four years, and it just doesn't make sense to put all the time and effort into a house we won't be living in for awhile, you know? The willow tree people were a very nice thought from the M-in-law. I am normally a precious moments person, but these will be nice in the baby's room. I'm so psyched, we get to find out what the baby is in 6 weeks! Woo hoo! I should just get your email instead of writing a book on your comments area. Okay, I'm done now. Bye!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Yeah for your finished painting! I can't WAIT to see your pictures of it!