Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend, The Intellegent Dog & The Chipmunk...

WOW! We had a very fun, and action packed weekend! My wonderful brother in law and sister in law were here for the night Friday so we met at Chris's grandparents for pizza (Friday night tradition!) Remember how I had mentioned before that the dog had gotten out of the fence...we weren't quite sure how until I saw it with my own eyes, and I must give him credit for his intelligence! I had put Simba in the backyard like normal while we are gone I was getting Dawson buckled in his seat when I he started giggling and saying "no no". I looked over at the fence to see the 140 lb dog actually climbing it. He was putting his back paws onto the little well thing that sticks up from the ground, and boosting himself up and over. That took some major thought! So, the how is solved now...the how do we prevent it? I hate to lock him in just his kennel when he is so used to having the space to roam. For now we put the push mower in the way of the well...we are brainstorming for a more permanent solution. Who would have ever thought the well would be a problem!!
So, the rest of our weekend was just as interesting. We had fun at the Dragon Boat Festival, placing 28th out of 60 plus teams...we placed in the silver division. We weren't as together this year, but we enjoyed ourselves. Go PBTV Wet Bandits!!

Sunday morning we and a group of friends and family enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the Park Rapids Logging Camp. Once we got home, I happened to look out on our deck and into the pool to see a chipmunk (aka Chippy, aka Silvester) (I have a bad habit of naming wild animals...we couldn't pin point the perfect name for him just yet.) having a swim, on a closer look I noticed he was drowning. With some quick thinking my mom and I scooped him up with a bucket, and placed him in the grass...he was barely breathing, and not moving. Over the next hour I wrapped him in a towel and tried to get him dried off as he was just shivering...not sure if it was fear or cold, or both but I continued to nurse him to health anyway. In the end, he lived, enjoyed some french bread, and later scampered away. Glad he was able to continue his life after the near death incident, and if you think that saving of the wild animal story is bizarre, you will some day have to ask me about my saving of the skunk!!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, we enjoyed a trip to Home Depot, did some grocery shopping, had a nice 4 wheeler ride, baked cookies, watered the lawn, and worked on some more painting of the upstairs..the chores continue.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Enjoy your week, may God bless you with a great one!

1 comment:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Poor chipmunk! I am glad you were home and saw that he needed saving! It is a cute story!

Nice job in the Dragon racing!