Also, my girl weekend in the cities was nice, however I missed my boys so much! My sister in law (Heidi) and I had a wonderful time relaxing, doing a little shopping, and hanging out. I didn't take any pictures but we did have fun! I got there Friday afternoon, we relaxed a bit before doing some mini shopping, went to World Market, and the fabulous Sam's Club for diapers!! Then to a new Mongolian/Thai/Chinese restaurant. It was interesting. Pretty good for the most part, and somewhere we wouldn't normally have gone if it wasn't just the two of us. Nice to venture outside the comfort zone every once in a while.
Saturday morning we headed out in the cold rain like die hard Farmer's Marketers :-) We got some excellent dill to make the pickles as well as a few other things. Then back home to warm up before lunch at Olive Garden...yummm! And some more shopping! I found great bargains this weekend, and am now ready to give our main bathroom a face and color lift...another project!! The good news is that the painting in the rest of the house is 100% finished...YEA!! So glad of that!
Sunday morning Heidi and I had to hit there large Target store (tradition to always make a trip to Target) before I hit the road for the long drive home! I had a very safe drive even though it poured most of the time. The Lord had his hands around me, and I was extremely happy to be home with my boys! Although after my big hug and kiss Dawson gave me a little bit of a cold shoulder, but yet when I grabbed my suitcase to unpack he came running to me and told Simba good bye. Guess he was thinking mom wasn't going to get out of the door without him this time!
So, after a long, weekend, it was great/wonderful/happy/ and a blessing to be home again with my loving family! Thanks be to God for a successful and safe weekend!
PS>>>Update on the word counting for Dawson, we are up to 120...and yup, still counting! This amazes me!!

No comments:
Post a Comment