I had found a recipe in a favorite magazine of mine for a filled pumpkin bread which at first didn't grab me, but once I read the ingredients, and saw the picture, I just had to try it. However, mind you it was in the healthy living portion of the recipes so I thought it was at least worth a shot.
Basically you make pumpkin bread, and pour 1/2 the batter into your bread pan. Then you whip 1 egg white, sugar, and l/f cream cheese together, and layer that on top of the batter, and then cover with the remaing batter before baking.
Here is the fun part. Dawson wanted to help. He has "help" make brownies in the past, but I am a brownie box mix girl, so figured this would be more fun that just stiring the eggs, mix, oil and water together...and it was!!
Dawson sat on the counter, watching everything, and of course calling the egg a ball over and over!! He helped me hold the egg separater, and pour in the pumpking. He was having fun watching the mixer until he found a tiny bit of sugar in the bottom of a bowl. This is where he began sticking his finger in the bowl, getting a granular or two of sugar and licking it off his finger. He thought that was pretty cool, and sweet!!
After dinner and clean up we sliced our bread, and although it didn't look as perfect as the picture in the magazine it wasn't 1/2 bad. Not as sweet as I would have hoped, but pretty good, and so much fun to make...
Here are pictures of my little man helping me. {I added flour to his face for affect :-)}

2 comments:
How sweet! Dawson is such a nice boy! I also enjoy having the girls help with the baking! They love licking anything possible!!!
I hope your weekend is GREAT!
I remember when my Mom would bake bread, and she would give us each a bit to make a roll out of! That was so much fun, and it made me feel so grown-up!
Post a Comment