Christmas Shopping done-- Check
Presents Wrapped-- Check
Stocking Stuffers-- Check
I am feeling great to have all my Christmas presents bought and wrapped. I just love shopping for others! I have found some great stuff that I know they will love, and I am so anxious to give them to them!
I love this time of year...even though buying isn't the reason for the season, I enjoy doing it. Just like the gift of a forgiven life we received so many years ago!
Chris and I were lucky to both have Monday of this past week off. We were planning on going hunting, and at the last minute (no kidding...last minute) we decided to take a drive to Grand forks. We left about 11:30 (when Lainey finally woke from her nap) and headed out. My mom and dad watched the kids so we had the entire time to ourselves. It was so nice to have time with my hubby without interruptions. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids to pieces, but that time with my hubby is also very important. It was the first time we have really done that since Lainey has been born. We had an enjoyable quick trip. And we were so anxious to see the kids when we got home.
On a happy note, both of my children slept through the night last night!! YIPPEE!! I am not holding my breath that we are back to normal. But as parents, we needed that full night's sleep!! AMEN!
So---How are you guys sitting on Christmas shopping??
OH, I have to add this...when I was wrapping presents a couple of weeks ago Dawson was hanging out with me and so was Lainey. I told Dawson I was going to grab a sissor I forgot and I would be right back. I had everything out, paper, tape, pens, ribbon.. When I walked back in the room about 20 seconds later I found a brand new roll of paper completely rolled out, and Dawson playing with the roll. He said "mom, see my new trumpet?!" I had to laugh. Needless to say about 1/2 of our gifts were wrapped in that paper :-) Good thing it was reversable!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Post a Comment