I can honestly say I have never seen so much joy on a child's face over snow on the ground. Yes, we woke Saturday morning to a dusting a snow. Dawson was so thrilled. He wanted to look at it out every window in the house. I let him open the door and touch it, it was great. I am thinking he doesn't totally remember it from last year. A year ago was a long time for a two year old! I let him go outside and walk around while I was getting Lainey bundled up, and getting the bag ready etc. Thinking he would just stay on the sidewalk and in the drive way....WRONG! I walked outside and he was covered to his knees. Not to mention his hands, and yup...his bummper. He decided to sit in the snow, and soon told me it was cold! We headed out to get boots so he could enjoy the snow a little more. When he put his boots on he exclaimed "now I can go hunting, mom, did you buy me a gun?"
So looks like winter might really be here as it is Monday and I am looking out the computer room window at the same snow that was on the ground Saturday. Plus...it is pretty chilly outside!
Chris headed up to the cabin for opener on Friday evening. The kids and I had a very nice weekend, spent some time at an indoor garage sale, and then walked around the mall with a good friend and her little boy. We came hom in the afternoon and went crazy wrapping presents. We had a nice time. Lainey giggled, and Dawson helped. Got about 16 presents wrapped which is a great start! Feeling pretty good about that!
Sunday we went to the early service since we were all up anyway, then hit Target quickly before home for lunch and naps. In the afternoon we went to a local chocolate shop that was having an open house. Dawson got to make a chocolate pizza. He put gummie bears, oreos, heath, pb chips, marshmellows, cherry flakes, and white chocolate on it. He says it is good, but of course wants to eat it all. We have been hiding it in the fridge, out of site, out of mind maybe?!
Lainey is growing by leaps and bounds, and become such a happy content baby! We are having so much fun with her, and enjoying all her coos, giggles and smiles. She likes to tell stories, and loves when you smile and talk back to her. Where did the last 3 months go??
We are enjoying the thought of Christmas right around the corner!
Daddy & Lainey- ready for bed
Lainey trying out her bumbo
Dawson loves making funny faces!
Dawson & Daddy

No comments:
Post a Comment