Friday, July 11, 2008

New and Improved Attitude!!

Okay, first of all, I have to appologize for whinning on my earlier post. I have a better attitude and have reminded myself that God has His timing for this baby to be born! I also know it is much better for her to cook on the inside and come out ready for the world than have to worry about premature problems like we did with Dawson. (I just really hope she doesn't come out giant!) Plus it helps my attitude that my contractions stoped, and I slept all night pain free! So letting her bake like I should, and being content with it. We will let everyone know when things happen :-)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It is so difficult to be so near the end of the journey, and yet not quite there! I have to admit, I was kind of hoping she would be here by now....I will be there tomorrow! I know she will come at the perfect time and be the perfect size.

LS said...

I'm thinking of you and hoping your little girl arrives soon for your sake. I feel your pain as I feel ready to go now too but have another 4 weeks to go! It's soooo tiring! But you're right that the longer they stay in, the better they nurse and the less health issues they seem to have so that's one small comfort.

I always try to remind myself of my poor friend who went 2 weeks overdue and tell myself that at least I've always gone a week early!

With my second I had lots of false labor starts where I'd think I was starting but after only a couple of hours of pain it would go away and then come again in a few days. This happened a lot. I'm already having some Braxton Hicks off and on now. You know how they always say to wait until you're 5 or less minutes apart to go in? My last labor was 11 hours long and the contractions NEVER got closer than about 7 minutes but were usually 10 or 12 minutes and only 30 seconds long. I finally just HAD to go in and I thought I was still in early labor but was dying for some relief. She checked me and said I was about a 9! So, don't always go by the books! (in my first labor I had the text-book contractions that were about 2-3 minutes apart and really, really strong and long).