Yesterday was an interesting adventure. Long story... I will try to make it short. Our dog got out of the garage/kennel and ended up by fluke at my mom and dad's house. About 2 1/2 miles away. He hasn't been there in 2 years, and when we do go he is riding in the car so it isn't like he has walked there before. My mom called him in the house, and he stayed there until I got off work to come get him. Once home we gave him a bath (He is a mastiff so very large so this isn't the easiest, or cleanest task!) He still smelled...we are thinking he got into a dead skunk!! YUCK!! Chris and I both had prior commitments so after one bath with two scrubbings we put him back outside until we came home later. We put Dawson to bed, and washed the dog again, this time with a baking soda/peroxide/Dawn mixture. Then with baby soap (recommended on-line). Once this was done, and he was semi-dry, onto cleaning the bathroom which was now a mess, full of dirty towels, and sprayed from the dog shaking. So 9:30 at night here I am scrubbing the tub/shower, walls, floors and cabinets. Only to walk into our room to find the crazy dog laying on our bed!! AHHHH so, we then had to strip the bed, re make it, and then finally get to bed. About 2:30 I awoke to a funny noise...my dog getting sick all over our cream colored carpeting! He couldn't make it to the wood floor 2 ft away?! So, we clean that up and back to sleep. What a night!! I often wonder why we can't have a normal life where things go as planned, and my house stays completely clean for more than 20 minutes at a time!! Being I had just finished all the laundry, now have 2 piles of towels stacked, as well as bedding I had just washed the day before! I guess there wouldn't be much excitement if my life was normal right?!
So, on the agenda tonight...fold laundry, wash floors that now have wet dog prints on them, and wash bedding again! I am tired already!! Good thing we are having an easy dinner that is pretty much already prepared!
Oh, and here is a picture of our darling new nephew! He was 8lbs. 11oz. Collin Robert...how cute! I am anxious to meet him, although being he lives in the cities I am not able to travel there this weekend like I would love to do, but hopefully soon!!


2 comments:
It was so good to see you and your
"growing family" at Art in the Park today, Tasha! I've missed seeing you at church. Good luck with everything! You look great and we are hoping your next blogging is of a healthy newborn baby girl!
Congrat's on your new little girl! Your Mom just emailed us the news, she sounds perfect!
Post a Comment